Saturday, October 19, 2013

Dave with our first gift of salmon, given to us by friends of our neighbors who went out hoping for 20 and came back after a few hours with 100.
I watched our neighbor as she filleted the salmon she received. When it was my turn she looked at me and said, "I will do it. It will take you all night." And watching her, she was right. -Dave
The view walking to work in Bethel. Pipes are above the ground, which we have no problem with since Honey Buckets and well water are still used in many parts of the surrounding areas. We have water delivered once a week (and sewage removed once a week as well) and are trying to figure out how to make it on a restricted amount of water each week. 
 Evening view walking home from work. The clear colors in the sky are one of our favorite things here.
 Afternoon walking to work in Bethel. 
 View from the deck of the building I stay in when I visit Kipnuk. Just a typical village scene. 
 Another Kipnuk scene. 
 Veiws from the plane above Tuntutuliak. 


 Waiting for the boat to pick me up in Kasigluk in the morning. 
Looking up the river in Kasigluk, the village where I have two schools on either side of the river. Facing the Akiuk side. 
 Akula side of Kasigluk on a clear afternoon.
 The "airport" in Kasigluk, pretty typical of all of them. This one is fancy, though, since there is a bench that I can put my luggage on while I wait for the flight.
 The largest plane that I've flown on so far, strangely I was the only person flying that day.





 Kasigluk on a chilly morning.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, you are blogging up a storm! Bravo! I love this picture view of your world. It's beautiful yet very wilderness-ie. How was the fish?

Bryan Corbin said...

I love these photos. Please post more.