The day started of like any other day. Making sure I had everything ready. Some of my students were a little excited because snow was falling, but it was too warm to stick. I got through my first class just fine and was part way through my second class when suddenly a student rams his desk into another student's desk really hard. Then deciding that wasn't enough he grabbed the student's desk and lifted the front so that the desk was now vertical to the floor with the student in it. Both were out of their seats and ready to fight. I had to jump in between them before they were in arms reach of each other then walked them to the office.
This took me by surprise since neither of them seem to be aggressive. I later found out that both tend to hide their frustration until the pop. Apparently there had been tension between them for awhile, but neither saying anything or asking to be moved. Suffice it to say, they don't sit by each other anymore.
1 comment:
Well good job in surviving! I didn't think any day was normal when you are a teacher.
Post a Comment